Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Walgreen's Shopping trip today! $.24c out of pocket :)

Today I wanted to try my hand at Walgreen's.  Over the last few weeks I had racked up some Balance Rewards, by accident, on some shopping trips.  I am Not big on their Register Rewards as most of them only give you about a week to redeem.  To me that is not long enough as I may not want to shop every single week.  Although, today I found that they took my expired $2 register reward with no complain.  I do not know if this is common or not though.

We needed some bug spray badly so I figured I would head on over & try to work their sales with my coupons & their coupon booklet.  At Walgreens you can also use 1 manufacturer coupon & 1 Walgreens coupon.  I did however do one big major No-no with my trip, I did not purchase anything that gave me points back.  But, that's mostly because most of the items from the sale are already gone by today at my store.  We only have 1 within about 30-45 minutes at the moment.

So below is a picture of my shopping trip & it only cost me $.24c out of pocket!  Woo hoo!

Breakdown:

Puffs on sale $.89 - used .20c coupon from this week's P&G coupon insert = making this $.69
Off Botanical Spritz on sale for $4.99 (with card) x 2 - used $2.00 coupon from Walgreens July book (this will take $2 off each one you buy automatically, no need to pull 2 coupons) & used $4.00 off 2 Off products manufacturer coupon from insert a couple of weeks ago = making these $.99 each
Off Familycare Aerosol on sale for $4.99 x 2 - used 2 $1.00 off coupons from Walgreens July book & 1 $4.00 off 2 Off product manufacturer coupons = making these $1.99 each

Cottonelle products used $1.50 off any 12 roll or bigger tp & 1 pkg of fresh wipes as well as listed below, making these a total of $4.99 for both:
Cottonelle Toilet paper on sale for $5.00 - used $1.00 off coupon in Walgreens July book
Cottonelle Fresh Wipes $2.49

Used my $2.00 register rewards from previous transaction bringing my total to $10.24 ($9.64 before taxes)
Used $10 in Balance Rewards from my card bringing my out of pocket to $.24c





2 comments: