Sunday, June 9, 2013

Awesome CVS shopping trip on 6-8-13 Paid $.47c

Out of pocket cost yesterday $.47c....yup, that's it.  And, I got some pretty expensive items.  I also got back $11 in ECB for my next shopping trip.  I have mentioned that you should always scan your Red card twice with every visit to CVS.  But, you should also go online & make sure you are a member of their Beauty club & Pharmacy club.  With every $50 you spend on Beauty products you receive $5 ECB on your next shopping trip.  You do NOT have to spend the $50 all in one trip, the system keeps track of your spending & it can be over several months of purchases.

I used a variation of CVS coupons & manufacturer's coupons on top of the weekly sale to get everything pretty much free.


Here is the breakdown of what/how I did it:
Pantene is on sale for 2/$3 - I purchased 4 of them & used 1 $3/2 manufacturer coupon & 1 $2/2 manufacturer coupon
Secret Clinical was on sale for $4 each - I purchased 4 & used 4 $3/1 manufacturer's coupons, making these only $1 each, great deal
Mitchum deodorant was on sale for $1.99 - I used $1/1 manufacturer coupon
Nice & Easy Root Touch Up on sale for $5.99 - used a Red machine $2 off coupon & $2 off manufacturer coupon making this $1.99 then received $2ECB's making this Free
Oral B Cross Action Toothbrush on sale for $5.99 - used $3/1 coupon & got back $2 ECB
Colgate Total Mouthwash on sale for $4.99 - used $2.00 off coupon, $1.00 off CVS printable coupon & used a CVS red machine $2/$8 of toothpaste/mouthwash/toothbrush coupon (this was supposed to also print a $2ECB but the cashier did not ring it up correctly so the ECB's did not print)
Physician's Formula 3 pack Eyeliners $12.29 - used $4/$12 CVS coupon from their beauty magazine, $1/1 manufacturer coupon - received $7 ECB for any purchase over $7.49
Hershey's candy bar $1.19 - this was my filler as I was only at a little over $7 & would have lost the remiaining ECB's being used if didn't get filler.
I also used 2 other coupons on this transaction to make my purchase price so low.  I used a $10/$50 & my Beauty club email of $7 off coupon
Total before coupons: $60.44
After coupons: $8.44
Used $8 in ECB's from previous transactions
Paid $.47c out of pocket :)
Plus I got back $11 in ECB's for my next trip - this was definitely a money maker for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment